Monday, March 19, 2012

When I Make it to the Promised Land...

...I'll breathe the holy desert air! If I don't break my wallet first... A round trip ticket from New York to Israel is going to cost me 1400 dollars! Plus 350 for the flights from Chicago to New York! Oy... Who knew spiritual enlightenment would cost so much?

Maya thinks I'm crazy for going. She's got her whole spiel about a midlife crisis and blah blah blah. I don't want to hear it anymore! I am NOT going through a midlife crisis. I see it more as a midlife journey. Sure I might have had a little bit of a freak out back there with Micheal's Bris and the possibility of a Baptism... but that's all in the past. I love my grandson, and I always will, and Maya (and James) too. But, I have got to move on to bigger things!

The commandments have been calling me! But right now my neighbor, Joan, is calling me from the driveway! (She's my ride to the airport). Next time you hear from me will be from Jerusalem!

1 comment:

  1. Wishing you safe travels! I'm looking forward to reading about your journey.

    -Bea

    ReplyDelete